June 19, 2007

The Benefits Of Acupunture


My wife has suffered with severe allergies her whole life, and none of the prescriptions her doctors have provided gave any lasting relief. She began going to an acupuncturist a little over a year ago on the recommendation of a friend. I’m a bit of a skeptic, so I didn’t expect results from such an unusual field of medicine. Acupuncture seemed so foreign to me and more of a novelty than anything. However, after a few visits, she was able to reduce her allergy medicine and, eventually, quit taking the medicine altogether. I was surprised at the results – there was no doubt that she was feeling much better.
Fast forward to March 2007 (when we combined our finances): My wife quit going to the acupuncturist because she was feeling better and wanted to help us save the money. As a result, her allergies have begun to worsen again. That being said, we have decided to add the $60 acupuncturist visit to our monthly budget beginning this month.
Although I wouldn’t believe it if I didn’t see it, this is money well spent.

No comments: