May 28, 2010

May Net Worth Update (-$4,254.95)

We slide back quite a bit in May. Our net worth decreased $4,254.95 from last month, to a total of $86,660.75 (click on spreadsheet below).


What Worked

My Wife received a $1,884.50 gross ($1,055.71 net) quarterly bonus from old job. She also set-up $500/paycheck to be directly deposited into our savings account. So, our savings jumped $1,000 this month.

What Didn’t Work

Almost everything went down this month.

Next Month

I hate to be negative, but I’m forecasting another net worth decrease for us next month. I will be receiving an extra (3rd) paycheck, but that will be used to pay $1,906.90 in annual insurance premiums (auto and rental) that are due by June 25th. In addition, we have a number of smaller bills next month that add up to one big bill.


3 comments:

pfstock said...

I don't know about you, but I find it just about impossible to set a net worth goal if a large portion of one's net worth is in the stock market. You are subject to ups and downs like everybody else, so that portion of your net worth is difficult to predict, and even harder to control.

That is just my two cents worth. Good luck to you!

Denise said...

I agree with pfstock! However, I hope you are reaching your goals.

1MansMoney said...

pfstock & Densie- I agree that the ups and downs of the market make planning tough. That being said, using conservative estimates for our goals has help us stay pretty well in line with them.

-1MansMoney